Popularly known as the 'Matterhorn of the Himalaya', and ‘one of the beautiful mountain in world’ the overwhelming ice-coated granite pyramid of Ama Dablam dominates the sky above the trekker's trail to the Everest Base Camp. The mountain derives its name from the glacier lying on its Southwest face. The glacier looks like a jewel box hanging on the neck of the mountain, hence the name Ama Dablam, literally meaning 'The Mother's Jewel Box'. Interestingly, when a team led by Edmund Hillary scaled the mountain for the first time, Nepal's King nearly imprisoned Hillary for climbing the sacred Ama Dablam without permission.
The standard ascent to Ama Dablam is made via the South-Western Ridge, The route offers varied and sustained climb with reasonable level of difficulty. Three high camps are set up at strategic points. The climb is moderate up to Camp 1, then it gets challenging up along the narrow granite ridge. Negotiating pitches of steep ice and snow slopes, the route gets more technical from Camp 2. From Camp 3, skirt around the hanging glacier or the Dablam, cross snow arete (A sharp ridge) and bergschrund(A gap or crevasse at the edge) between ice cliffs, and scale the summit.
|Country: Nepal||Max group members: 12 & Min 2 Pax|
|Duration: 30 days||Difficulty: Teachnical climbing|
Best time: Autunm and Spring season
|Maximum Altitude: 6856m/22488ft|
|Major Attraction: Good experiance of climbing on one of the beautiful peak in world and technical high altitude climbing, can see top of the world Mt. Everest and Makalu, Lotse Nuptse, Cho oyu and many other mountains, Highland life style and many cultures include sherpa communities, other natural -River water falls and flore and fauna.|
01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel. (1,350m)
02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Preparation
03: Fly to Lukla (2,800m) then trek to Phakding (2,652m): 40min flight, 3-4 hours trek
04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,440m): 5-6 hours
05: Rest Day for acclimatization and Explore Khumjung and Syangbuche.
06: Trek to Tyangbuche.
07: Trek to Dingbuche (4,300m)
08: Rest day for acclimatization and explore Chhukung valley.
09: Trek to Ama Dablam Base Camp (4570m/15000ft)
10: Acclimatization and Pre-climb training at Ama Dablam Base Camp
11-25: Ascending and Descending of Ama Dablam (6856m/22488ft)
26: Base Camp Clear and trek to Namache Bazaar
27: Trek to Lukla
28: Fly to Kathmandu
29: Leisure day in Kathmandu
30: Final Departure
- Arrival and Departure transfer by Private Vehicle.
- Tourist Standard Hotel Accommodation in on B/B Basis.
- Land Transportation
- Three Meal (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) Prepared by our Cook and Kitchen Staff.
- Tented Camp while Trekking.
- Camping and kitchen Equipment
- English Speaking, Experienced, Trained, Licence Holder Guide approved by Nepal Government.
- Experienced, Trained Trekking Cook and supportive Kitchen staff.
- Potters to carry all Personal Gears and Group Equipment as required.
- Other Supportive Staff as required.
- Insurance of all Staffs and Potters.
- All necessary Paper work and Permit.
- Trekking Map Of Panchase Trek.
- International Flight Cost.
- Nepal Entry Visa Fee.
- Personal Travel Insurance and Rescue Operation Cost (In Emergency)
- Bottle Beverage and Extra Personal Expenses
- All other Activities and Extra Days beside our Itinerary.
- Tips & summit bonnus