Rara Lake has been a popular destination with a hidden treasure route in Western Nepal for trekkers. The glimpses of culture and scenery on the way are quite different from the rest of Nepal. Situated in high altitude, you can find the lake surrounded by Rara National Park with pine, spruce and juniper forest. The views of snowcapped Himalayan Peaks enhance the attraction of trekkers.
The trek begins with flight to Jumla over an hour flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj. Rara Lake is the biggest lake of Nepal. It lies in Rara Village Development Committee, Mugu District, Western Nepal and falls under the Rara National Park. Rara Lake lies at an altitude above 2,990m (9,810ft) above sea level covering an area of 10.8 km2 .The Lake having a length of 5 kilometers and a width of 3 kilometers has a maximum depth of 167m (548ft). Rara Lake being surrounded by Rara National Park has unique floral and faunal importance with rare and vulnerable species.
The Park flora consists of 1074 species, of which 16 are endemic to Nepal; the fauna 51 species of mammals and 214 species of birds. The main occupation of the people living around the area is agriculture. People also rear goats and extract medicinal herbs and sell them for their living. Thakur society is dominant in the community. Thakur Baba’s Temple is situated in the southeast corner of the lake. Local people believe that the god Thakur shot an arrow to open the passage of the lake reducing the damage caused by flooding. The best visiting time to the lake is September/October and April to May.
Home Stay has been built most of the places. You can do camping trek as well as Home Stay trek. If you do Home Stay trek, there is local accommodation and foods are Nepalese dishes. Home stay trek is comparatively least cost so that it is affordable most of you.
|Country: Nepal||Min: 2pax Mix. 30|
|Duration: 18 days||Difficulty: Easy|
|Best time: All season||Maximum Altitude: 3450m|
Note: You can drive to Rara Lake
Day 01: Arriving in Kathmandu (1350m).
Day 02: Free day
Day 03: Kathmandu - Nepalgunj
Day 04: Nepalgunj – Jumla – Chauriya Chaur
Day 05: Chauriya Chaur - Kaligaon
Day 06: Kaligon - Chautha
Day 07: Chautha - Pina
Day 08: Pina - Gamgadhi
Day 09: Gamgadhi – Rara Lake
Day 10: Rara Lake – Khatyar Khola Camp
Day 11: Khatyar Khola - Ghorosingha
Day 12: Ghorosingha - Sinja
Day 13: Sinja - Chalachaur
Day 14: Chalachaur – Chauriya Chaur
Day 15: Chauriya Chaur - Jumla
Day 16: Jumla – Nepalgunj - Kathmandu
Day 17: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 18: Departure to international airport
- Arrival and Departure transfer by Private Vehicle.
- Tourist Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj on B/B Basis.
- Domestic Flight to Nepalgunj-Jumla.
- Land Transportation
- Three Meal (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Lodging in local lodge
- English Speaking, Experienced, Trained, Licence Holder Guide approved by Nepal Government.
- Potrers to carry all Personal Gears and Group Equipment as required.
- Other Supportive Staff as required.
- Insurance of all Staffs and Porters.
- All necessary Paper work and Permit.
- Trekking Map
- International Flight Cost.
- Nepal Entry Visa Fee.
- Personal Travel Insurance and Rescue Operation Cost (In Emergency)
- Bottle Beverage and Extra Personal Expenses
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- All other Activities and Extra Days beside our Itinerary.