Dolpo is located in mid- western region of Nepal. This district of Nepal is one the most remote as well as most underdeveloped district Nepal. This place wasn’t opened to tourists until 1989 A.D. This trekking route is located beyond the Dhaulagiri massif. This mystical and holy land has not been much explored by tourists because of remote location and unavailability of transportation system. But the natural beauty of this place make worth travelling. The landscape of this region is best part of the trekking. It has unique and most beautiful land structure. Three high passes, Kagmara La 5115m, Baga La5190m, Numa al 5159m make this route more exciting and adventurous here is not much influence of outer world in culture and people. So, there is uniqueness and purity in their culture and tradition. The culture and lifestyle of people are highly influenced by Tibetan culture. The majority of population of this region is Buddhist.
This place is also one of most bio-diverse. It is home to endangered animals like Musk Deer, Himalayan Blue Sheep, grey wolf, great Tibetan Sheep, Himalayan Tahr, jackal, Himalayan Black Bear etc. this region is thinly vegetated in high region. But the lower region forest is covered by blue pine spruce, hemlock, cedar, sliver fir, poplar, rhododendron and bamboo. The beauty of Lake Shey Puksundo is unmatchable and is one the natural place that attracts tourists all around the world to visit this place. This place falls under list of wetland in united nation.
The Dolpo trek is divided into two parts. They are commonly known as Lower Dolpo and upper dolpo. The both routes uses common path expect upper dolpo has have little more days to and longer distance to cover than lower dolpo.
|Duration: 26 days||Difficulty: Hard|
|Best time: Autumn and Spring||Maximum Altitude: 5320m, Bagala Pass.|
|Major Attraction: Lake Phuksundo, Shey Phuksundo National Park, Old culture and civilization which is still unexplored by Outer world, high passes like Numu-l a, Baga-la, Kagmara.|
Day 02- Pre-trip Meeting and sightseeing around Kathmandu valley.
Day 03- Flight to Nepalgunj.
Day 04- Flight to Juphal and trek to Dunai.
Day 05- Trek to Hanke.
Day 06- Trek to Sumdo.
Day 07- Trek to Ringmo.
Day 08- Rest day on Ringmo and explore Shey Phuksundo Lake.
Day 09- Trek to Phuksundo Khola.
Day 10- Trek to Phuksudo Bhanjyang.
Day 11- Trek to Shey Gompa(Monastary).
Day 12- Rest in Shey Gompa and explore around.
Day 13- Trek to Namdura Gaon via Saldang La.
Day 14- Trek to Saldang.
Day 15- Trek to Yangee Gompa
Day 16- Trek to Sibu.
Day 17- Trek to Jeng-la Phedi
Day 18- Trek to Tokyu Gaon via Jeng la.
Day 19- Trek to Dho Tarap.
Day 20- Trek to Tarap Khola.
Day 21- Trek to Kharigoan.
Day 22- Trek to Tarakot.
Day 23- Trek back to Dunai.
Day 24- Trek back to Juphal
Day 25- Fly back to Kathmandu using same back route to Kathmandu.
Day 26- Transfer to International airport for your final departure.
- Arrival and Departure transfer by Private Vehicle.
- Tourist Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj on B/B Basis.
- Domestic Flight Kathmandu/Nepalgunj/Juphal and Juphal/Nepalgunj/Kathmandu
- Land Transportation
- Three Meal (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) Prepared by our Cook and Kitchen Staff.
- Tented Camp while Trekking.
- Camping and kitchen Equipment
- English Speaking, Experienced, Trained, Licence Holder Guide approved by Nepal Government.
- Experienced, Trained Trekking Cook and supportive Kitchen staff.
- Porters to carry all Personal Gears and Group Equipment as required.
- Other Supportive Staff as required.
- Insurance of all Staffs and Porters.
- All necessary Paper work and Permit.
- Trekking Map.
- International Flight Cost.
- Nepal Entry Visa Fee.
- Personal Travel Insurance and Rescue Operation Cost (In Emergency).
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Bottle Beverage and Extra Personal Expenses
- All other Activities and Extra Days beside our Itinerary.